Sunday, July 26, 2009

Adapting to life here...

No pictures for this post, though I do have a few interesting ones coming up. It takes a while to adapt to being here. It depends on where you come from, the Indians and Philippines adjust quickly, the over weight white boys from Seattle, not so fast. It is regularly in the 90's (yes F) here and the humidity is often higher than the temp. For the first 3 weeks I came back to the house for break and had to change all my clothes. Not so bad now, but when I come home it will be interesting, for the first time I will be the cold one in the house.

Another thing I need to make clear is that I am not really seeing Nigeria. I am seeing Onne Camp, and the work sites. I don't get to go anywhere else. There are the "Troubles." Damn shame, this is a beautiful country with wonderful people. Hopefully I will be around long enough to get past the BS.

No comments:

Post a Comment