Thursday, August 27, 2009

Product Recommendation

I am always willing to give my opinion when someone asks me about this gadget or that one. (okay, or anything else) But I don't often just spout off about something. This case is a bit different.

A while back I bought an Olympus 725SW camera at a pawn shop. Got a great deal. The camera is waterproof, shockproof, and takes great pictures.

Or should I say "was".

I was wearing this camera in a pouch on my belt when the okada incident happened. It got bent. I mean literally BENT. There was like a 4 degree angle in the frame. Thing is, it still worked!! took great pictures, all the functions were there, the view screen had a major crack so was only about 65% visible, but that was it.

Yes, this is where John screws up, I had considered replacing it, but since it was working, I kept using it. It was still functional, but no longer even marginally waterproof. Unthinking, in a light misty rain I pulled it out to take a picture and that was the end.

My point is that it took my generous weight landing on it to bend it, and even after that it was functional. If you need a rugged compact waterproof camera, you should check out Olympus' SW line. That is what I am looking for as a replacement.

No comments:

Post a Comment